Hand Wrapped California Sage Wands with Flowers and Abalone Shell
- This kit comes with 5 sage wands and 1 abalone shell.
- Hand wrapped California sage - 4" Sage w/White Flowers, 4" Sage w/ Purple Flower, 4" Sage w/Yellow Flower, 4" Sage w/Light Purple Flower, 4" Sage with Rose Petals.
- Flowers only wrapped on one side of the sage wand.
- Abalone shell is 5-6" and from Mexico so it has great colors.
- NOTE: Make sure you always get the sage a little wet on ends to put embers out or they will keep burning. Let it dry and reuse the next day or whenever. You can smudge as much as you feel you want to. I would recommend only once a day at the most.
How to smudge? - Burning sage is an ancient spiritual ritual. Also known as "smudging". Light your sage wand and begin to move around your house (or body) stating your intention. Move mindfully and carefully clockwise around the entire area of home, body or area you want cleansed. Make sure the smoke drifts into hidden spaces and then open a door or window to let the negative energy leave your house.
What are the benefits? - Smudging has been used as a safeguard against negativity. Some say it can help with insomnia and anxiety. Most people say it has been associated with increasing wisdom, clarity, and spiritual awareness. When it's burned it releases negative ions, a natural way of putting people into a more positive mood. It is also known to get rid of evil spirits in your house or building.
Why do you need an abalone shell to smudge? - In your smudging rituals means you are incorporating all four of the earth's elements: the shell represents water, the smoke represents air, the unlit herbs or sticks represent earth and once they're lit they represent fire.