- Two Cats and a Moon Raku Pottery silhouette medallion ornament.
- Measures 3" inches round and only painted on one side.
- Hand-painted medallions with crackle icons.
- The medallion comes with a 3" silk ribbon to match the ornament and all vary in color to match paint.
- Because each piece is hand-painted the color variation is different on each piece no two exactly alike.
- Great for your holiday tree or as a hanging decoration around your house.
Raku generally refers to a type of low-firing process that was inspired by traditional Japanese raku firing. Western-style raku usually involves removing pottery from the kiln while at bright red heat and placing it into containers with combustible materials. Once the materials ignite, the containers are closed. This produces an intense reduction atmosphere which affects the colors in glazes and clay bodies. The drastic thermal shock also produces cracking—known as crackling since it is deliberate. The original Japanese style of raku is an outgrowth from Buddhist influences in life.